My Big Backyard

We watch a lot of HGTV. House Hunters, My First Place, Property Virgins, Divine Design, etc. We love decorating. We have been in our house almost a year and a half and our living room arrangement has changed at least 6 times. But, with it being summer time, I have our yard on my mind today.

Let me tell you about our backyard. As it is now, it has a great shape and a pleasant amount of shade most of the time. It is a large fenced in area (if I were any good with measurement and numbers, I'd tell you how big.) and beyond the fence I do know we have land that goes about 75 feet past the fence. Inside the fence we have 2 pine trees near the patio, a medium sized oak that will grow into the fence to the back, and a pretty tree in the left back corner. We have everything we need to put up a hammock, it just hasn't happened. We have my parents' old patio furnature, the chairs I helped spray paint as a kid, sat in eating popsicles, and rested from playing in the yard. The paint job could be better, and it is in dire need of an umbrella and cushions...just not in the budget if you know what I mean ;-) I want a hydrangea bush in the back corner to the right, and another in the corner near the patio. I think azalias with crepe myrtles in between across the back would look nice and cutting down the pines to replace them with a red leaf maple would be ideal. A small garden on the right side of the yard would be nice (if I actually knew how to garden...ha)




Behind the fence, we have a LOT of work to do. It is WILD! I am a little scared to go back there to be honest.


Every house around us has their land cleared and it looks nice, but ours looks terrible.

Here's the view to the left and to the right of our yard:



With Seth working til 5 every night and me home with 3 small kids, we just haven't made it out there to get it done. But, one day soon, it will be cleared up, with some clusters of trees remaining. I would love to turn it into a peaceful space, with tall flowering plants, a bench, a playhouse for the kids, and cool yard decorations. But, that will take years!

Basically, we need to get HGTV'd...ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An (un)Ordinary Day

L.B.

Giving Up Control