Silly Ways and School Days

So, when someone was at our bedroom door at 7 a.m. this morning, Seth made sure to tell them, "Go back to your bed." Their response: "I need the mean, old witch," referring to me. Me and my girls had fun yesterday pretending that I am a mean, old witch, and they are princesses. One must master a certain laugh that goes like this, "He he he he he he heeeeeeeh." When in costume, I must be wearing Mickey Mouse ears to play the role. Kids have such great imaginations.

In other news, our latest Dora episode on DVR shows her as a preteen. That's a little weird for me. Cartoon people aren't supposed to age like us. In the episode, Dora and a few friends are going to see a Shakira concert. Isn't that strange? My girls watched it regardless, but they missed Boots who didn't make an appearance until the very end.

Our pet rabbit has proved to be smarter (and more spoiled) by the day. Yesterday Seth watched the rabbit push open the kids' bedroom door with his nose first, then jumping in the air and using his front paws. He then runs under their beds to hid from them for a while. He is a totally different pet after the kids are in bed. He races around the ottoman, stretches out across the couch, rubs his nose under your hand if you stop petting him, and will lick your arms, legs, or face at any given moment. Who knew rabbits were so fun?

So, I recently became a Mary Kay lady. I have never been one to spend much money on makeup or skin care products, but being a MK consultant, I feel like I need to try a variety of different products. And, I will honestly say, I am feeling prettier! I feel better about my ability to apply eye shadow (something I've always been intimidated by) and I love seeing others feel pretty after they've had a facial. Now if I just had the guts to ask more people to do a facial, I might make a few bucks with this...ha!

School is going well. Cruz has adjusted to kindergarten very easily. He LOVES riding the school bus from my school to his and back again at the end of the day. I get to keep up with what they are doing through his teachers class blog. Lola is having a time adjusting to her new 2 year old class, but she's doing okay. Carmen had a VERY colorful folder with behavior comments for the first week in the 3 year old class. She went from green, to red, to green, to yellow. She seems to be having a time sitting still during the lesson. Imagine that? ;-) Seth is enjoying spending his school day with middle schoolers, and I still love my job in the school library (Reading Ranch).

We went to the Little Britches Rodeo in town Saturday to see some of my students riding. There were BABIES riding on horses with cowboy boots and hats on. It was the cutest thing ever. Of course Carmen kept asking if she could do it. Although all three of my kids drank a big glass of water from a coworker nearby (the are the biggest moochers!), we only lasted 30 minutes there due to the heat.

Bout to watch Soul Surfer with the fam before we start another busy week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An (un)Ordinary Day

L.B.

Giving Up Control