Another Day, Another Dollar

There are a few things I LOVE about being a librarian. I love the days I get to put brand new books on the shelves. I love inspiring kids to read things they might not normally read. (Ex. Last week I had a TON of kids check out poetry books after my lesson on poetry.) I love getting to use my scanner. (And apparently so do all my students...I get asked at least 10 times a day, "Can I scan it?") I can't imagine what it must have been like to have been a librarian before they used scanners. Ooooh, and the card catalog. Kids today don't even know what that is. Mine is just collecting dust in the corner of my office area. I am oh so thankful for technology! I love the possibilities that are out there for my library...book club adventures, author visits, literature circles. Fun stuff.

I feel so thankful that God put me where I am right now at Purvis. My coworkers are wonderful, my students stinkin' adorable, and my library the perfect place to grow in my career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An (un)Ordinary Day

L.B.

Giving Up Control