Exhausted?

For some reason today when I had about 3 minutes before my next class arrived, I decided to grab my copy of My Utmost for His Highest to see what Oswald had written for today, Feb. 9th.  The title is "Are You Exhausted Spiritually?"  I know about being tired.  It seems like I've had something going on every night this week, while still trying to do laundry, bathe and feed the kids, get homework done,  have family Bible study times, and finish Tim Tebow's book I checked out before its overdue.  (Too late...due back today but I am not done...can't recheck it since it has holds)  So, I have been a little tired this week.

Yesterday I was reading one of my favorite blogs, http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/, and Katie, the blogger who lives in Uganda with her 13 Ugandan daughters (read her testimony in her book, Kisses from Katie) wrote about being "bent low."  She talked about bending low to stir stew, clean up vomit, do laundry, clean the badly burned leg of the town "crazy man" living in her guest house, bending to help with homework, or put the girls to bed.  She does a LOT of bending.  http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html  But she says that being bent low is where she finds fullness of joy, because our Savior, Jesus Christ, He also lived bent low.  He came to the earth and lived a humble life as a servant, to die for me and you.  What I find so amazing about the writer, Katie, is that she is in hear early 20's, maybe 21, and is pouring her life into these children and their community day and night.  She's not complaining about lack of sleep or not getting enough time to herself, she's not worried about finding a husband or saving for retirement.  No, she is rejoicing in the fact that she is constantly bent low, serving, as Jesus did...and she asks that she can keep bending low.

So, now, back to Oswald Chambers' word for today on spiritual exhaustion.  He speaks of how spiritual exhaustion comes through service, "The process of being made broken bread and poured-out wine means that you have to be the nourishment for other souls until they learn to feed on God...we owe it to God to be our best for His lambs and His sheep as well as for himself."  He says its okay to be exhausted for God, as long as you remember where your supply comes from.  I am sure that Katie must get spiritually exhausted at times, but I see that she knows where to go to find His refreshing love so she can continue to keep lavishing His love on others.

I want to be more like Katie, as she is becoming so much like Christ.  What a great example of modern-day humility she sets for others.  I will complain about ironing, dishes, housework, a lot less now, and think of it as bending low with Jesus and praise Him that He has entrusted me with these responsibilities, and pray for more opportunities to bend low and serve others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An (un)Ordinary Day

L.B.

Giving Up Control